About Fab Lab Egypt
Fab Lab Egypt is a member of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Fab Lab global network since 2012. It is a digital fabrication where anyone can make almost anything, from electronics to furniture and installations. Young children, college students, entrepreneurs and businesses materialize and prototype their ideas in the lab. We share our machines, tools, skills, resources and ideas with the community to create new opportunities for economic and social benefit Fab lab Egypt is an environment that promotes innovation and education by providing:
- The Facility (Makerspace): equipped with digital fabrication and prototyping machines & tools open for public and for san3a tech programs. Fab Lab Egypt manages the facility including the daily operations & sustainability.
- Lab installations: For san3a tech projects, Fab lab nodes or external customers including purchasing, installation and training.
- Technical management & support: For san3a tech projects, individuals, startups, SMEs and industrial sector through an online platform of technical freelancers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with different clients and identify their needs.
- Validate clients’ requests and determine the best way to execute these requests.
- Perform designs and manufacture prototypes.
- Prepare technical documents.
- Develop and maintain existing products.
- Suggest potential solutions by interpreting customers’ needs.
- Analyze manufacturing and prototyping costs.
- Prepare reports for management and keep customer records.
- Passionate for innovation & making and can think out of the box.
- Excellent in Circuit designing (preferred with Eagle).
- Excellent in electronics design.
- Solid technical background about various PCB manufacturing techniques.
- Preferred to have knowledge in programming.
- Understanding of digital fabrication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent in using Microsoft office.
Degree in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) preferred University or colleague degree.