San3a Academy’s maker programs are growing fast and that means we need to find and train awesome instructors to serve an enthusiastic and growing fan base. Your job will be to lead a module or more in one of our programs; either online or offline. Programs contents generally include Digital Fabrication, Computer-aided Design, Electronics, Arduino, Coding and more. Other role tasks are varied: developing new activities, curriculum development, coordinating projects, engaging the alumnus community, etc. You’ll love this role if you want to share your love for technology and making.
This position will start part-time with 3 to 30 hours per week (mainly online, and depending on your availability and our need). Full time hours may be available later on.
- Help in developing the programs’ content and curriculum.
- Content curation and preparing materials and resources required.
- Facilitate the delivery of education workshops, diplomas, and mentoring sessions (online & offline).
- Ensure all sessions are delivered to a high standard and fit the needs of the students and San3a Academy’s requirements
- Be the point of contact for the students.
- Work on the reports and documentation.
+1 Years experience of being a Maker!
+1 Years of experience of working /volunteering in a team
Previous experience as an instructor
Respect diverse talents and ways of learning
High level of written and oral communication skills
Adept at communicating to a variety of audiences at all levels
Very willing to learn and teach yourself
Excellent organizational skills
Engaging and enthusiastic, particularly when delivering to groups and talking to
# Technical Knowledge
## Design and Fabrication:
Excellent in 3D/2D designing and modeling (preferred with fusion 360)
Solid technical background about various manufacturing techniques
Experience in Digital Fabrication is a must (using laser cutter, 3D Printers, CNC, etc…)
Experience in Electronics Design and Prototyping
Fair knowledge in PCB manufacturing is preferred
Intensive experience in Arduino programming
Good portfolio of Arduino projects
1- Fill-in the form below
2- Record and upload a 5-minute video explaining briefly one of the following topics:
A- How to design and fabricate a mobile holder in a Fab Lab
B- How to use Arduino and Electronics to automate a device in your home
Please note the following:
– Assume you’re explaining the topic to someone who has no technical background.
– You should start the video by introducing yourself and giving a brief about your experience.
– Use OBS Studio to record your video
– The video shouldn’t be less than 4:30 minutes or more than 6 minutes.
– The video should be continuous shot- not processed, edited, or montaged.
– You must be visible in the video- along with the shared screen.
– Here’s an example of what your video should look like: https://youtu.be/X8hOPfvEaCY